U.S. Bank - My co-workers are great and so are most of the customers. I enjoy the work. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for U.S. Bank

"My co-workers are great and so are most of the customers. I enjoy the work."

Current Employee - Teller in Rapid City, SD
Current Employee - Teller in Rapid City, SD

Pros

The vacation benefit is above average, 3 weeks after 5 years and you can buy an extra week. There is a very supportive atmosphere at work. People care about the quality of your work as well as your happiness at work and personally.

Cons

The bank has been slow in joining the 21st century. We got new equipment this year, but our buildings are 50 years out of date.

Advice to Management

Remember your employees are all adults. Locally they have the habit of addressing us like we were five years old.

Other Employee Reviews for U.S. Bank

1. "If you enjoy the same routine everyday this place is for you"

Former Employee - 24 Hour Call Center Personal Banker With Selling in Portland, OR

Pros

The pay was better that minimum wage
    I met some great people (coworkers)
    They provide 5 weeks of training

Cons

30 minutes for lunch
    Metrics are not balanced
    support takes forever not enough
    the 1 on 1 coaching is a JOKE

Advice to Management

Micro management is not good for moral and betters nothing, managers should actually take calls at least 1-3 hours a month to stay keen on procedures and to understand first hand why the metrics are not balanced.. you are asking for speed and quality but there needs to be an adjustment to the speed in which we are expected to finish.

"Poorly structured and managed. Poor technology. Too many layers of management."

Former Employee - Mortgage Loan Officer in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Mortgage Loan Officer in Cincinnati, OH

Pros

Flexible work schedule and aggressive commission scale.

Cons

Outdated technology. Originating system copywrite is 1984. Products are geared toward subprime and management wants to force people into bad loans when they qualify Conforming because of the profit margin. Basically they are encouraging predatory practices.

Advice to Management

Go to a good bank like Fifth Third and learn how a lending division should be ran.