U.S. Bank - Not the best industry for me | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for U.S. Bank

"Not the best industry for me"

Current Employee - Universal Banker in Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - Universal Banker in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

My co-workers were nice sometimes, but that's just about it.

Cons

pressure to sell, no advancement/educational opportunities, hardly any support or help from management or co-workers when work pile starts to get high (or when customer tempers are on the edge).

In my personal opinion, my knowledge and insight of the banking industry is different, compared to my first work day. If you are content with selling financial products to customers, then you'll be ok within the banking industry. If you are a recent graduate, like myself, who had envisioned working with the community to change the face and reputation of the financial industry, or found out that the regulations and practices for the industry are not as effective in a customer's daily transactions, then this industry won't be for you (matter of fact, this is a position where you will work hard and you may not get all of the recognition that you deserve, from both management and customers). There will be no advancement or support to get any of the financial licenses (at least, not for a long while, unless you're prepared to work to the bone for more than a year and wait to become nominated by your district manager).

Advice to Management

listen to your subordinate's concerns and ideas. Positive encouragement would also brighten a worker's day in a high-pressure environment. I would also like to make a note to management that not a whole lot of people will be willing or will be qualified to obtain a loan or credit card; we work hard on these applications, and that does not mean we did not do enough for our book of businesses.

Other Employee Reviews for U.S. Bank

"It was a menial job but I enjoyed my coworkers"

Former Employee - Teller in Town and Country, MO
    Former Employee - Teller in Town and Country, MO

Pros

Health insurance was decent. Worked hourly.

Cons

I applied for many other jobs and never even got an interview. I had a degree in accounting and was finishing up a masters

Advice to Management

NA

2. "Team Members worked in synergy to achieve common goals"

Current Employee - Universal Banker in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Universal Banker in Cincinnati, OH

Pros

Friendly work environment. Excellent facilities. Exceptional efforts put into targeted training sessions.

Cons

Biased decisions made, segregated due to ethnic backgrounds and religious believes. Commitments not honored. Declared bonuses could be withheld based on biased information.

Advice to Management

Employees are an asset of the company and company invests a lot in its employees as well. When they leave 95% of the time it is due to their line managers. Employees take the knowledge and experienced gain with them. Read the Exit interviews please.