U.S. Bank - great leadership in industry | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for U.S. Bank

"great leadership in industry"

Current Employee - Personal Banker
Current Employee - Personal Banker

I have been working at U.S. Bank full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

bank is well positioned. best products/ rates in the business. improving computer systems and programs.

Cons

company is moving away from service and more concerned with sales. as a banker 70% of my day was service and 30% sales. Now expected to be 90% sales. moving toward bank models like Wells Fargo that bombard cutomers with solicitations at every contact. more and more negative experience for customer. pay is average but i consider the position to be underpaid at all banks. Also, not willing to train talented employees for new positions. it is impossible to move into other areas of bank because they do not hire without experience (ie home mortgage dept, investments, underwriting).

Advice to Management

profitability is a concern for all banks but remember why people prefer USBank to others: don't get harrassed for new products at every opportunity. also, personal bankers do the most work and are responsible for generating more profit. recognize them for that and pay accordingly. be willing to train outstanding employees for other positions to help them further their careers.

Other Employee Reviews for U.S. Bank

1. "Wonderful place to work at"

I have been working at U.S. Bank full-time

Pros

Awesome place to work at

Cons

can;t think of anything bad

Advice to Management

they are awesome

2. "The good and the bad"

Current Employee - In-Store Banker
    Current Employee - In-Store Banker

I have been working at U.S. Bank full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It is a strong company with many perks. US bank does amazing training, coaching, and listens to the employees. They are always trying to improve and be better. The customers are wonderful, and it can be a fun job with fun campaigns. The district management and ops specialists are also very pleasant and helpful and believe strongly in teamwork. Its a fun job with lots of opportunities to be promoted, etc,.

Cons

In my particular branch, the nicest way to put it is my managers are tyrants. Before I started they had a very high turnover and lost over 4 employees in 6 months. Im new to banking, and my manager is very unhelpful. She personally belittles employees, huffs and puffs when you need an approval or assistance, she tries to pry into our personal business, and she gets overly upset when sales goals arent met and throws around the fact we take her bonuses away. The bank can be very busy in the in-store enviornment. It becomes overwhelming doing teller transactions, offering products and doing the loans. It is the ultimate multi-tasking job, and its particularly harder for me because the management sits at their desk all day and doesnt want to help you or the customers. From what i've heard in other instore branches, the management style is similar and you are expected to sell sell sell and be nothing short of a slave. I also feel operations are constantly changing and it feels hard to keep up with, since the smallest of mistakes can get you fired. Its also a bank open 7 days a week and open til 7 PM during the week.

Advice to Management

I understand fully how the bank makes money, through loans, credit cards, etc,. But I feel its inappropriate to relate sales with punishment when you are still trying. It cant be helped when someone has bad credit, and most of our clientelle doesnt need a car/home loan nearly everyday. Be kinder and more helpful to the bankers and customers.