U.S. Bank - Not a bad company to work for if you only want 9-5 jobs with limited career growth opportunities | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for U.S. Bank

"Not a bad company to work for if you only want 9-5 jobs with limited career growth opportunities"

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Horsham, PA
Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Horsham, PA

I have been working at U.S. Bank full-time (More than a year)

Pros

9-5 Job. Fair to good bonus.

Cons

Limited career growth opportunities. Very conservative culture.

Advice to Management

Stop micro managing staffs

Other Employee Reviews for U.S. Bank

1. "A good place to advance, and not much else"

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Portland, OR

I worked at U.S. Bank full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Solid market presence, countless job advancement opportunities, real-world experience, sales and incentive based environment (opportunity to make attractive commissions), pride in being locally based (originally when company started), history in community.

Cons

Extreme employee turnover, favoritism, unethical practices related to sales, aggressive sales goals, the type of environment where even someone with 5 plus years is seen as new, did i mention turnover???

Advice to Management

I would recommend you try to reduce your turnover. I was a manager for years and i held many roles, all the way up from being a teller in college. I think you need to come down from your throne and understand what a valued employee really is... and i left U.S. Bank after 7 years of employment, and i left on good terms.

2. "People in the in-store are great, everybody else we're difficult to work for and with."

Former Employee - Personal Banker in Syracuse, UT
    Former Employee - Personal Banker in Syracuse, UT

I worked at U.S. Bank full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

People I worked with were really supportive and very helpful in training new hires. The expectations/ quotas weren't difficult to meet.

Cons

Very high credit requirements for any of the products. It's very difficult to get anyone qualified for any type of loan, credit card or mortgage. You push alot of products to customers that they really don't need. There is alot of talking and not alot of doing.

Advice to Management

Clean house in the Northern Utah mortgage department. The one's I came in contact with were unprofessional, rude and really didn't care to work.