U.S. Bank - Great Company Overall! | Glassdoor

"Great Company Overall!"

Former Employee - Help Desk Analyst in Saint Paul, MN
Former Employee - Help Desk Analyst in Saint Paul, MN

I worked at U.S. Bank full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Awesome! Employees to work with locally, nationally and internationally, i.e. Elavon, Other..
Great Benefits! Caring Management! Warm Culture!
Great Mentoring Program! Veteran Friendly!
Work Hard, Provide well thought out ideas for money making/saving and you will go far.

Cons

No one moves jobs in various departments thus jobs are static - very few openings for Midlevel - High level positions. Difficult to transition from one career field to another if no supervisor or management experience.
If applying for a position - read, re-read, re-read again the job description - Apply only f you meet 90% of the requirements.
When applying be honest and include those hard and soft skills from the job description that you can do effectively.

Advice to Management

Yes, the economy is tough right now. You can choose the best of the best. Please Do not wait four to 5 weeks to reply to a request for an interview or employment. Well qualified candidates will have moved on.

Other Employee Reviews for U.S. Bank

1. "Solid company, but they're cheap."

Current Employee - Teller in Lawrence, KS
    Current Employee - Teller in Lawrence, KS

I have been working at U.S. Bank part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Big corporation that offers good job security. Paid time off is also a plus. Decent benefit plan, however some of my coworkers would disagree.

Cons

Low pay compared to other jobs in the same industry. The company is in a growth period, so very sales oriented.

"Great Experience but not a Career"

Former Employee - Customer Service Manager in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Customer Service Manager in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at U.S. Bank full-time

Pros

US Bank provides a stable pay check and an ok benefits package. As a recent college grad I was given the opportunity to learn and grow in the financial world.

Cons

The training was lack luster and I was throne into a position with little idea of what was truly expected of me and left to figure it out on my own. As time progressed the "rough patch" my office was going through with turnover seemed to be more of a consistent battle across the whole district and not just one office. You will work like crazy and they expect you as a manager on salary to pick up all the slack no matter how short you are. They are a 100% number driven company with little concern for the people behind the numbers. The bonus opportunity is quite limited and you must meet criteria in many categories before earning bonus. The only real bonus to be made is for those that are producing int he top 10% of the company which can be highly dependent on the location of your office.

Advice to Management

Restructure the pay and bonus scale to be more competitive. Staff your offices properly and take your eyes off the number long enough to think about the people producing those numbers n the ground level. A little bit of positive reinforcement goes a long way.