U.S. Bank - Licensed Universal Banker | Glassdoor

"Licensed Universal Banker"

Former Employee - Licensed Universal Banker in Los Angeles, CA
Former Employee - Licensed Universal Banker in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at U.S. Bank full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Highly dependent upon the branch you are in but I enjoyed a great amount of autonomy. As long as you are contributing to the quarterly goals, management let you do your own thing.

Cons

Little chance of promotion within some smaller markets; old technology and ways of doing things compared to other large banks

Advice to Management

Stop doing Western Union transaction...actual bank clients don't like having to wait for non customers who are usually loud and obnoxious.

Other Employee Reviews for U.S. Bank

"Be prepared to sell"

Former Employee - In Store Co-Manager in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - In Store Co-Manager in Sacramento, CA

I worked at U.S. Bank full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This is a publicly traded corporation which means you can have great job security if you excel at sales however this also compromises the best interest of your customer as the sales quotas become almost unobtainable.

Cons

There would be conference calls stating we needed to sell "10 credit cards in one day". How is that in the best interest of the customer? How does that make an employee feel when he/she does not reach that unrealistic goal? You have to definitely have a stomach for sales.

Advice to Management

Choose your team wisely. Everybody has their own agenda for working at a corporate bank and very few have authentic reasons to be there.

2. "A great place to work"

Current Employee - Property Manager in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Property Manager in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at U.S. Bank full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Starting from the top, you can tell that the Executive committee at US Bank has their finger on the pulse of the Financial industry, allowing them to much more proactive than their peers when it comes to making decisions. I have nothing but full confidence that they know how to lead one of the largest financial institutions in America. Their salary is competitive within the industry. They also make a serious commitment to their employers growth within the company and their careers. Financial products offered to their customers are competitive.

Cons

Despite recent attempts to upgrade all the I.T. services at every location, they still seem to be technologically behind regarding software and systems. It would have been nice if they had upgraded their phones during the I.T. upgrade. Also, many facilities they occupy and furniture at locations are both majorly outdated and there doesn't seem to be much of a commitment to improve.

Advice to Management

Upgrade phone systems and put a bit more reasonably amount of money into furniture and buildings in order to improve the customer experience. I'm not talking about 5 star accommodations, just some newer furniture and carpet/tile would go a long way.