U.S. Bank - US Bank provides a good stable work environment | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for U.S. Bank

"US Bank provides a good stable work environment"

Pros

US Bank is a greatly run orginzation. They are very willing to help develop there top talent. In addition, they provide opportunities to seek new challenges often. They are also a very stable bank in the current banking environment.

Cons

US Bank is generally a lower paying bank in the industry. In addition, they have very antiquated systems. Their is little hurry to improve the systems that are utilized by employees.

Advice to Management

Improve pay, improve training for certain area's of the bank. IN addition, take a hard look at some of your systems and find a way to improve them.

Other Employee Reviews for U.S. Bank

1. "good place to work"

Current Employee - Bbo in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Bbo in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Very laid back but very competitive bank. Great sales managers and good support system. The sixth largest bank in America that feels like a small community bank.

Cons

Some of the downsides to working at US Bank are on the branch side, most of the branch staff do not know anything about banking. They are very limited in talent and knowledge. The bank is very conservative so it is very hard to get deals done.

Advice to Management

Ease up on the lending guidelines and continue to find and hire better and more qualified banking staff. And pay more on the salary side instead of the commission side.

2. "Good bank compared to competitors"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Pros

Lots of opportunities for grown and development if you take it, support of the community, I feel valued as an employee.

Cons

Being new, I can't really point out any cons. The only thing I can think of is that the health insurance doesn't cover as much as with some of my previous employers, but it's still good for the price. We are in a temporary reduced pay set-up right now, but I'd rather have a pay cut and a job considering the alternative.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work in support of professional development and growth among your employees. Hopefully we can get out of the reduced pay status soon.