U.S. Bank - Great place to work. | Glassdoor

"Great place to work."

Current Contractor - Project Manager in Minneapolis, MN
Current Contractor - Project Manager in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at U.S. Bank as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Very philanthropic company, encourages employees to volunteer/donate. Great company culture and cohesive environment.

Cons

Takes a long time to get things approved, or implement changes. Doesn't offer the best wages, hard to get a raise. Employee has to be proactive about career development and working with their managers.

Advice to Management

There is a lot of talk of career development, but I have not seen any within my part of the organization. Managers tend to not be interested in developing current talent.

Other Employee Reviews for U.S. Bank

1. "YOU'RE NOTHING BUT A NUMBER THAT'S EXPECTED TO SALE SALE SALE!!"

Current Employee - Teller I in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Teller I in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at U.S. Bank full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Hours & benefits, benefits, benefits, benefits

Cons

Management, Sales Based, Compensation, equality,Job security

Advice to Management

When I first began with U.S BANK in 2007 I was over joyed to carry the title as a "BANKER". I was proud of myself for landing such a great job and career for not only myself but for my family sake. After my first 5-7 months at the branch I quickly changed my mind and began to rethink my goals and what I placed myself into. U.S BANK doesn't care about you A T - A L L. You're only as important as what you can bring to the table and the second you fail to do so you're made to feel like absolute CRAP day in and day out. You're given ridiculous unreachable goals that have to be met every week no matter the situation or scheduling. The management I worked under at that particular time was utterly disrespectful in so many subliminal ways it was insane to deal with on a regular basis. If you're a slow learner that takes time to process certain fields of a job then this won't be the place for you to begin *YOU'VE BEEN WARNED*... It's very fast pace and not a company who believes in TRIAL & ERROR. When you first begin with US BANK it will feel like a tremendous workplace with people who generally care about your well-being but after your 90 day probationary period has expired you will enter THE REAL WORLD and how life with a bank will truly be for the duration of your career should you choose to remain. The 1st and the 3rd of each month is typically the most dangerous and busy days you'll continuously have that will push you to the complete edge mentally and physically. Prepare to be laughed at, rushed, cursed, threatened & beaten mentally. You may ask yourself ..WELL WHY STAY FOR 6 YEARS THEN?.. Simply put.. I need the benefits for me and my family. Also, It's a huge misconception about working for a bank that many people seem to drift towards that everyone who works around money MAKES a TON of it as well which is absolutely false. It made me feel less of a person most of the time when I would cash checks for restaurant workers who were making more than me. Sadly, most people who sign up for banks are oblivious to what it really means to work for one and just judge the quality of it based on the LABEL much like I did. My advice to anybody reading this and wondering if it's a good move... STAY AWAY!!...Find something that you're good at and enjoy to invest your time into and make money from it. Don't get stuck with a dead end job for years chasing your next check like me and so many others.. Trust me.. EVEN if US BANK is the first to call back from a long list of interviews and applications you've put in at the end of the day it won't be worth it and you'll look back and think differently.

2. "I have worked for U.S. Bank for 15 years and plan to retire with the company."

Current Employee - Recruiter in Fargo, ND
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Fargo, ND

I have been working at U.S. Bank full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Company ethics, respect and value employees, work/life balance.

Cons

May not pay the highest salary; but with benefits is very acceptable.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing