U.S. Bank - Universal Banker | Glassdoor

"Universal Banker"

Pros

Great relationships, good introduction into the financial world. Goals are easy to achieve. Not a stressful lifestyle. Work life Balance is better than competitors.

Cons

Lower pay than most competitors. Most knowledge is not transferable unless you take the initiative to learn all the details of different divisions.

Advice to Management

More development. More financial knowledge given

Other Employee Reviews for U.S. Bank

1. "Do 2 people's jobs well and you'll get promoted."

Current Employee - Teller
    Current Employee - Teller

I have been working at U.S. Bank full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very flexible schedule, good work team for the most part, also you meet some great customers working through the bank.
    There are several opportunities to train and advance your career *will cover more in cons
    The pay is average to less than as good for other banks.

Cons

Management non-communication. Upper management and people in the district will tell you one thing, but your branch management will completely throw it out the window, then wonder why you can't do your job.
    Expected to be in one place but then get pulled two and three different ways. Expect a feeling of never being caught up or getting ahead.
    Oftentimes, you're left with a feeling of holding the bag on some things because others don't do their job.
    Regulations: Seriously you basically can't do anything in the past two years with all the absurd government regulations that have been put out. Honestly it does nothing but annoy and anger our regular customers who only need something. The bank has a very "corporate" feel. We often find ourselves saying that we're not the small town bank anymore.
    I will say these are isolated issues and not true for every workplace.

Advice to Management

Communicate with staff, make sure clear expectations are set from the top down. Don't just pick and choose which rules you'd like to follow.

2. "Personal Banker"

Pros

Nice People to work with on a daily basis. Enjoyed the team and managers that challenged me to do my best every day.

Cons

Sometimes the hours were a little difficult due to our location. But they were good at working with me to ensure the schedule aligned with my family.