Employee Review

Current Employee

Awesome

May 4, 2021 - Client Relationship Consultant III in Calif City, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Easy to advance and work life balance is good. Every one wants you to succeed. Pay and benefits good as well

Cons

Other areas may have poor management

Be the first to find this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee

good

May 24, 2021 - Currently Unemployed in Lincoln, NE
    Business Outlook

Pros

good place to start, good company

Cons

it gets busy sometimes but it makes day go faster

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 4.0
    Current Employee

Avoid HR Like The Plague

Apr 24, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent work-life balance. Outstanding direct managers who encourage and inspire (or at least, up until 4.22.21). Excellent, engaged coworkers who are commited to doing the right thing. Refruiting Excellence team is chock full of great trainers and leaders.

Cons

The business seems to be determined to dismantle an HR system that worked perfectly, and uses the imaging of a sinking ship in the Arctic to communicate this, rather than simply being transparent and saying, "Many of you are going to lose your jobs, I would encourage you to start looking." When we first came on board, we we encouraged and energized but now are defeated, sad, disheartened.... and the $$ that he spent on some strange "change management" firm to tell this utterly bizzare tale would likely pay the annual salary of most of us. Very wasteful. But hey! It paid to eliminate a whole bunch of HRBPs who were utterly loyal to the business. The HRBP function was centralized and now it takes literal days to get a response on an HR issue that would take no more than one hour previously. On the 22nd of April, a gigantic slew (12+) of dedicated, caring, thoughtful, motivating managers were also eliminated. I do understand that we were a bit "top heavy", but to eliminate the direct managers who motivate and inspire your recruiters, who basically are the lifeblood of USB? To..... hire more Executive Recruiters? WE NEED RECRUITERS in the ranks (where hello, a bulk of the hiring comes from) we are all drowning, and now we have..... what? A promise of something new and great? ? We WERE GREAT ALREADY.

Continue reading
    7 people found this review helpful

Discover more reviews about U.S. Bank.