U.S. Bank - Management is very unprofessional at my location.. | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

There are newer employer reviews for U.S. Bank

"Management is very unprofessional at my location.."

Current Employee - Teller II in Fremont, OH
Current Employee - Teller II in Fremont, OH

I have been working at U.S. Bank full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I was able to transfer to a different branch to bump up from a part time teller to a full time teller. Pay wasnt bad for when I first started. I like the company and the products they offer.. My experience couldve been much better if my management wasnt so immature and disrespectful. I wouldnt recommend to ANYONE to apply at my branch until that demon woman is fired.

Cons

Pay raises are NOT likely. Health insurance truly SUCKS. Assistant managers can really ruin an entire branch. They are very nasty about being over on your weekly time. I wasnt even being paid overtime because I was 35 hours a week, but I would get yelled at for being over by an hour in a week and would have to take an extra long lunch the next week to make up for it; so they wouldnt have to pay me a PENNY more than they had to. I was even scheduled at much less than 35 hours one week just because the assistant manager felt like punishing me! Call nights, where you have to stay an hour or more after work to make proactive sales calls, are guaranteed if you dont make your sales expectations every week... Total BS.. Not all branches are like that though thank goodness.. Gallup is pretty stupid. I used to do the monthly reports for my branch and one single grade below perfect can stop you from getting a bonus. Awful execution with that... Good program and idea besides that.

Advice to Management

Get your stuff together and seriously look into your assistant/scheduling managers. Some of them are CROOKED and should not be in charge of anything. The company itself is wonderful and I was always proud to say i worked here, but I cannot handle the verbal abuse anymore. I have submitted a case with HR, but havent heard anything back from them yet... which is unfortunate. You could've kept a seasoned employee that knew what they were doing.. Putting in two-weeks notice very soon.

Other Employee Reviews for U.S. Bank

1. "Lots of work, little reward"

Current Employee - Personal Banker
    Current Employee - Personal Banker

I have been working at U.S. Bank full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They will literally hire anyone.Only get fired if you break a banking rule.

Cons

everything that wasnt listed as a pro.

Advice to Management

give people the money they deserve, treat employees with respect and remove the stupid pie chart for our benefits that have a section for work/life balance. At in stores there is none. Salaries are too low to keep steady employees. What winds up happening is that the employees find their co-workers quitting which makes vacation time hard to take and then they get over worked because we are open 7 days a week. The managers have to work as bankers, work 44 plus hours a week with the bankers following suit. We cannot do marketing correctly because we work oc, which means lower sales, which we are thus punished for. if you work in a smaller community, have fun, because your sales quotas are the same as if you were in new york. Sundays do nothing to enhance shareholder value, and very little is accomplished. Most people feel sorry for us, those who dont are called sr. management and they are making money off of our work. KDS is a joke, the customers dont understand how the system is supposed to work. They try to give us lower scores to make the 5's stand out. instead what happens is that we fail because of one below 5 and this changes our opportunity for bonus. Make changes.

"It is a wonderful place to work."

Current Employee - Mortgage Team Leader in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Mortgage Team Leader in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at U.S. Bank full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great growth opportunities and good development

Cons

Conservative pay and communication is not as open between areas as it should be