U.S. Cellular - diminishing | Glassdoor

"diminishing"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at U.S. Cellular full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I work with amazing people. As long as you are learning and growing in your role, you are engaged. You can voice your concerns to leadership without reprimand, as long as you word it the right way. I have decent pay for working in a call center. There are good benefits and a 401k match.

Cons

There is no long-term career growth, unless you get promoted early and often. If you are extremely good at what you do, you will have difficulty moving up out of that role. You must watch how you word your concerns. At this point, they asked specialty queues to multi-task and take on additional roles. Morale is very low in my department as a result. Our handsets are outdated. We struggle to keep up with the rest of the industry. The scheduling is terrible.

Advice to Management

Please give your long-term employees a chance to shine in other roles. Provide proper training so the long-term employees who are good at what they do don't become the default "go-to" person for every problem that pops up. When you interview, please ask questions relevant to the position you're hiring for, and please give honest feedback instead of making up reasons just because you liked a less qualified candidate better.

Other Employee Reviews for U.S. Cellular

"Need a new CEO not a hamburger Flipper"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Knoxville, TN
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Knoxville, TN

I worked at U.S. Cellular full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good benefits, Good Training, ok work

Cons

Culture is depressing, CEO has no idea, Who came up with "Hello Better"??? How about Hello iPhone. Oh that's right, US cellular cannot afford it.

Advice to Management

Get the iPhone

"Always changing, though I feel it's negatively it may just be my pessimism"

Current Employee - Service Technician in Des Moines, IA
    Current Employee - Service Technician in Des Moines, IA

I have been working at U.S. Cellular full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good pay, easy job, OT not required, vacation/sick/personal time provided.

Cons

Almost required to participate in sales. Upper management seems too money driven and less employee satisfaction driven

Advice to Management

Remember one of the core selling points of becoming an associate of USCC, WORK/LIFE BALANCE. It's almost non existent and it's only getting worse.