U.S. Cellular - word don't match actions | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for U.S. Cellular

"word don't match actions"

Current Employee - Sales Representative
Current Employee - Sales Representative

Pros

good pay, easy job (compared to physical labor, I guess)

Cons

you have to play the game and talk the talk, management is not concerned with walking the walk, advancement is more about who likes you personally, the message is customer focus but managers seem more intent on increasing your non-salesfloor workload than reducing it, since jack retired the culture is slipping away and becoming a numbers driven company like every other one

Advice to Management

demonstrate you care about us before you ask us to trust you, morale is at an all time low.

Other Employee Reviews for U.S. Cellular

"One word: Horrible."

Pros

When I first started working here the D.O. lifestyle was full bore. People were supportive, fun, and hardworking. Not anymore.

Cons

Just this month 3 people in my store have been wrongfully fired, the sales manager is incompetent and knows nothing about the CARES system so he can't even help when he's on the floor. He tried to fire me for missing 3 days of work when I had a doctors note for each day AND I was in the hospital finding out I could have LYMPHOMA! All things he knew and were included on the doctors note yet three days later, he tried to fire me. The associate phone program is entirely ridiculous, you can't even pick your own phone and have a worse plan than if you were a customer. Also, no one is "D.O." anymore. And the worst thing, morale is so far gone. It's not even "low" there just isn't any morale.

Advice to Management

Hire people that give compassion to their employees when they need it.

"Gotten worse though the years"

Current Employee - Retail Wireless Consultant
    Current Employee - Retail Wireless Consultant

Pros

The pay is good, but not better then other cellular providers, good benifits, room for groth is good as well if you're able to relocate (I am not)

Cons

Hard to get into the high traffic locations, there also seems to be a one way street of continual requests/demands/favors coming from our leaders, but I can't even get my earned vacation time approved two+ months in advance.

Advice to Management

Quit beating a dead hourse, and make sure your employees have a fair work/life balance..