U.S. Cellular - Be scared to "Believe" | Glassdoor

"Be scared to "Believe""

Current Employee - Retail Wireless Consultant in New Bern, NC
Current Employee - Retail Wireless Consultant in New Bern, NC

Pros

Good Energy, Good Business Model, Competent Management, Excellent Benefits, Free Cell Service, Discounts on Accessories, Good Training Opportunities, Lifelong Relationships

Cons

Poor Hours, No work life balance, poor compensation plan, not flexible to work with, seeing lots of budget cuts, behind in technology.

Advice to Management

Look in to the compensation program, obviously it is not very re assuring to your associates. They are all looking into other companies compensation.

Other Employee Reviews for U.S. Cellular

1. "I believe in something better..."

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Chicago, IL

Pros

The Agent side of U.S. Cellular is alot different than retail. Things don't have to be so cookie-cutter like the retail stores, so it gives you more room to be yourself and do things your way. U.S. Cellular as a whole is a nice place to work. They focus on "doing what's right" for the customer, so you don't feel like a sleazy lying salesperson who will sell the customer anything to make a buck. For the most part they treat us well.

Cons

Agents get paid MUCH less than retail employees who do exactly the same thing. There is also no way for an agent employee to apply to work at a retail store without being unemployed by the agent for at least a month. For people who have families to support, this is usually not very practical. Retail employees get to participate in contests, do fun corporate activities, and when inventory is being rationed, such as a phone that EVERYONE wants...they get them all. Plus U.S. Cellular just re-structured commissions - huge pay cut for us, profits for them go way up.

Advice to Management

Treat everyone the same. Act like you care about your employees as you do about your customers. Sorry, but I can't really put on my fake rah-rah attitude when I'm stressing about how I'm going to feed my family, due to my huge pay cut. Thanks.

2. "Great place to work!"

Former Employee - Retail Wireless Consultant in Lewisburg, WV
    Former Employee - Retail Wireless Consultant in Lewisburg, WV

Pros

US Cellular promotes a wonderful work atmosphere. You are motivated and recognized often when you meet your sales goals. Everyone is on the same page so that you expectations are consistent and you know where there is room for improvement and when you have excelled.

Cons

You may have days where it can be boring do the same thing over and over again. But the training on new equipment, new promotions, and motivational meetings help lift that perception effectively.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing! Continue to motivate and listen to your team members in response to what consumers are expressing to your sales staff.