U.S. News & World Report - Good, but not permanent | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for U.S. News & World Report

"Good, but not permanent"

Current Employee - Front End Web Developer in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Front End Web Developer in Washington, DC

Pros

Some good people work here, and management is solid at providing for the employees what they need. The technology given, at least to IT staff, is very nice (powerful macs).

Cons

The web infrastructure is confusing. The site is built on several different frameworks, and redesigns have been implemented in pieces, then new redesigns are started in different areas. Things are hacked together just to get it working. There's new effort to consolidate code and make this better, though.

Other Employee Reviews for U.S. News & World Report

"I had a bad time here."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Pros

Prestigious place to work. Impressive on a resume. Chance to participate in dynamic processes

Cons

Horrible, horrible work life balance. One manager asked me if I could just have "some neighborhood mom" babysit my kids and take them to doctors' appointments instead of having to take them myself! No support for telecommuting - my direct manager stated he would be fine with it but the company didn't have any resources for it. I worked in an IT position and within IT this is standard for employees (not on a full time basis, just occasionally for increased flexibility and department productivity). I heard upper management mocking someone once who had to go home at 9 PM (!) because of family concerns.

Advice to Management

Respect employees' work life balance.

"Bad Communication"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

Great benefits/work-life balance. Very easy going when you have to take vacation or do something for your personal life- better then other companies

Cons

No internal reviews or chats about how you're doing you job good or bad. They keep on many employees that have no skills and lay off people who are actually doing their jobs

Advice to Management

Better communication, hard place to work because some of the managers are disrespectful to many employees. It's hard to feel respected when your coworkers aren't.