U.S. Physical Therapy - Promises not kept. Numbers drive everything. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for U.S. Physical Therapy

"Promises not kept. Numbers drive everything."

Former Employee - Physical Therapist
Former Employee - Physical Therapist

Pros

Good Health Insurance and benefits package. Competive Salary (average) for our market. Good patient mix.

Cons

Corporate structure is a waste, they have lost their ability to make decisions locally b/c of their size. Turnded to be no better than my former employer as far as numbers crunching decisions. Incentive plans are unrealistic.

Advice to Management

Give the local directors more say. I know you have 300 plus clinics but what is good for Houston is not always whats good for your small town clinic.

Other Employee Reviews for U.S. Physical Therapy

"Innovative workplace"

Current Employee - Clinic Director in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Clinic Director in Chicago, IL

I have been working at U.S. Physical Therapy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

USPh is a great opportunity where you can learn how to be your own boss (management style is present but allows you to grow your clinic based on your own style/ expertise). The reason why I came to USPh is due to my strong desire to own my own physical therapy clinic. This company has allowed me the opportunity to grow as a businessman and build a business on someone else's dime. I don't think I will work my whole career for this company but I believe that I learned skills that will last my entire career

Cons

The pay ins't competitive for Clinic Directors and they need to be more liberal with raises/ bonus structure when an employee is going above and beyond. Also, the work hours can be extensive depending on your supplementary staff. It can be difficult to manage a full case load while also maintaining administrative duties/ marketing strategies

Advice to Management

Continue to trust your employees, I believe the model is strong and can work regardless of healthcare changes. A company that believes in its individual workers and trusts in their creativity will be successful in any climate.

"USPH/IRG both are to be avoided!"

Former Employee - Therapist in Everett, WA
    Former Employee - Therapist in Everett, WA

I worked at U.S. Physical Therapy part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Patients. EMR system is workable.

Cons

Unsupportive management at all levels above the clinical directors. Human resources is aggressive and unsupportive of employees. Pay is limited to your starting wage with no increases, and promised bonus do not come through.

Advice to Management

Former HealthSouth management team runs this very much the same way, only taking care of upper level management, promising but not delivering and productivity focused not quality focused.