U.S. Security Associates - They office will make the rules as they go... | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for U.S. Security Associates

"They office will make the rules as they go..."

Current Employee - Guard in Columbus, OH
Current Employee - Guard in Columbus, OH

I have been working at U.S. Security Associates full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Other then the fact that there is a paycheck there is nothing good about working for this company

Cons

Supervisors will zero you out and go after you for the most little things and then not realize they themselves are out of line also. The office will tell you policy is one thing when it isn't even in the book to begin with. Sick as a dog and about to die and need a day off? Forget it, you will be threaten with your job even if you haven't taken a day off in over a year. IF you work OT there is a big chance your check will be wrong and you will only be paid regular time and not OT that you worked. They will say it will be on another check but chances are it is not and no one at the office cares because that is how they make their money by sticking you. I have never seen a company that is as mismanaged as this one.

Advice to Management

Quit and find something you are good at. Better yet someone from Atlanta needs to come up to Columbus, Ohio and replace the entire office and remind the supervisors that they can't lie and make their own rules.

Other Employee Reviews for U.S. Security Associates

"Just Bad and not getting better"

Former Employee - Loss Prevention Agent in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Loss Prevention Agent in New York, NY

I worked at U.S. Security Associates full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Several Offices in NYC and few good site managers.

Cons

Low pay & account managers that leave you waiting for your check

Advice to Management

Put your employees first because without your employees you willn't have a company. I came back to this company because my old boss was running the show & every place i got sent to i felt like a piece of property because they have a contract with these people & they feel they can speak to you how ever they feel need to.

2. "Us security is a great employer to start expericening a carreer in the criminal justice field."

Former Employee - Security Guard in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Security Guard in Baltimore, MD

I worked at U.S. Security Associates full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I learned alot of new security measures that were put in place after 9-11. I have earned specific security certifications that wiil allow a new heightened position in this feild.

Cons

Management was not as stable or organized during my two year duration of employment. There were many changes in chain of cammand.

Advice to Management

Good communication is the answer to any beginning.