U.S. Xpress - Learn and Go | Glassdoor

"Learn and Go"

Current Employee - Truck Driver in Chattanooga, TN
Current Employee - Truck Driver in Chattanooga, TN

I have been working at U.S. Xpress full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good company, benefits freightconsistent. Good equipment

Cons

Sliding pay scale bad, dispatch not driver friendly bad communication between weekend dispatch or night dispatch.

Advice to Management

Treat drivers with better respect.

Other Employee Reviews for U.S. Xpress

"In my 10yrs at US XPRESS my experience has been wonderful. u.s"

Current Employee - Driver in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Driver in Irving, TX

Pros

U.S. Xpress has a lot of different dedicated and regional runs to offer drivers, the hometime is good and the fleet managers are cool. The drivers are friendly and some are very helpful with certain company issues and the equipment here at U.S. Xpress is very nice.

Cons

Not to much I can say about the cons but most people complain about their pay and trk repairs but it all comes with the territories. Your pay is based on experience and you must wait your turn in line so when they do get to your trk they can focus on getting it fixed properly.

Advice to Management

Again, not much but one bit of advice I would like to share is that the communication level between drivers and fleet managers/owners could be a lot better.

"I really enjoyed working there"

Current Employee - Class A Truck Driver in Chattanooga, TN
    Current Employee - Class A Truck Driver in Chattanooga, TN

Pros

working at US Xpress was the best job i had. when u need home time they did what they could to get u there and and they alway kept u running. If u had to sit it was never for long and if there was some where u did not want to go they would do what they can to keep u out of there. Me myself i would go back right now if they asked me to.

Cons

well the only bad thing i can say about them is they dont want to hire you back when u leave and they make you wait 2 years before they even think about it. you work your butt off for them and then they make u wait to come back. that is the only bad ting i got to say really.

Advice to Management

When u have a hard worker that would like to come back to work for u then u should really think about it. If they have no tickets or anything bad on there mvr you really nee to think about that. Good drivers over bad drivers what would be the best thing to do?