UBS - UBS - Retail | Glassdoor

"UBS - Retail"

Former Employee - Registered Client Service Associate in Los Angeles, CA
Former Employee - Registered Client Service Associate in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

Lots of opportunity to move within the company, whether its a physical move of location with a lateral position change or into an entirely different department.

Cons

The company is so large, predictably there are always a lot of machinations and procedures to follow to get something done. I had a problem with my securities registration and it was like moving a mountain to get someone in corporate to help me resolve it. Eventually they did, but I had to be very aggressive and I felt like corporate should have been more supportive from the very beginning.

Advice to Management

Remember to treat the individuals on the front lines (the staff in the retail brokerage branches) with respect and intelligence because they represent the brand name day in and day out in their interactions with the public. While the corporate wigs manage the (very) big picture, we deal with a lot of important issues in the local offices.

Other Employee Reviews for UBS

1. "UBS may be suffering right now, but they will overcome and remain the great company that their are."

Former Employee - Senior Event Planner in Stamford, CT
    Former Employee - Senior Event Planner in Stamford, CT

Pros

I felt then and still feel they treat their employees with fairness and respect. I don't know about all areas of UBS, but my experience was that I was compensated well, had superior health benefits and was given the opportunity to have a wonderful work/life balance...something I'd never had in my career.

Cons

I didn't experience many downsides, except that some of the senior management seemed to have been promoted beyond their capabilities.

Advice to Management

Make employees, especially senior management, more accountable.

2. "Scale back the red tape and get back to business"

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Stamford, CT
    Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Stamford, CT

Pros

Large company with multiple geographic locations that allow you to transfer between locations and departments

Cons

Demanding workload, there is a lot of rhetoric about work life balance however the demands of the job dont alow for this balance.

Advice to Management

Get rid of all the overlap. In any given day I am asked essentially the same question 2 or 3 times from different areas. Due to the concerns about risk there has been a large and fragmented movement to contain it. This has resulted in each group heading in there own direction. The effect of this is overlap and inconsistent information flow.