UBS - Internship-Software Developer | Glassdoor

"Internship-Software Developer"

Former Intern - Software Developer in Stamford, CT
Former Intern - Software Developer in Stamford, CT

I worked at UBS as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Great learning experience, Good one to one mentor relation, Guiding colleagues, Different team activities, Good working conditions

Cons

Not much choice given to the type of work you want to do as intern

Advice to Management

Should be more flexible to what interns want to do, HR promised to keep that in mind but in the end I could not make a choice and had to do the role that was given to me.

Other Employee Reviews for UBS

1. "UBS"

Former Intern - Wealth Management in New York, NY
    Former Intern - Wealth Management in New York, NY

I worked at UBS as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

It was a very welcoming culture; my team was very nice and I got along with the people easily, including those from different teams. Even though I was an intern, they still treated me professionally.

Cons

The group was downsizing with the recession, so there were layoffs going on while I interned. This strained the environment, people were a lot more stressed out than usual.

2. "Great!"

Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Jersey City, NJ
    Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Jersey City, NJ

I worked at UBS full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Opportunity to learn and grow professionally and personally. Ability to work from home when necessary. The people, the work environment, the global community, learning to appreciate the different cultural work ethics and how they interact with and affect those in the US.

Cons

The hours can sometimes be brutal. Some people are concerned only about their careers to the detriment of their working relationship with others. The line manager "silo" mentality can be challenging to work with. The banking industry's general tendency toward criminal behavior at the upper management level when the government relaxes its enforcement of regulations.

Advice to Management

Remember that ethics is not just some college course, it should be the guiding force not only in business, but in your personal lives as well.