UBS - IT | Glassdoor

"IT"

I have been working at UBS full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great Management and work life balance; your contributions can really make a positive difference. I work on a great team with very knowledgeable and talented people. My Management provide full support to get through challenging assignments.

Cons

Budget cuts (like everywhere else) present challenges, but even in times of zero spend, once can achieve better system capabilities through innovation and challenging the status quo.

Other Employee Reviews for UBS

"Corporate has lost focus on what really brings success to Wealth Management - US based employees."

Pros

There are many opportunites to 'shine' at UBS Wealth Management given the massive staff reductions and preponderance of issues at hand.

Cons

The perception is that Corporate in Zurich takes care of it's staff and projects based in Europe. The employees in these regions generally enjoy better compensation, benefits, support and work/life balances. Conversely, the firm is so strongly focused on outsourcing American IT jobs (mostly to India) that it has driven a profitable business into vitual chaos and risks driving it into the red. Consultants in India do not have the expertise or impetus to deliver the necessary support to our firm. Failure is now abundant and the root cause is clearly the result of a poorly executed outsourcing strategy.

Advice to Management

Layoffs were required a few years ago to rid the firm of outdated staff. It's time to stop this now nonsensical action and allow for the remaining individuals, who are highly qualified SMEs, to rebuild our organization. UBS needs to provide proper incentives to keep these folks here. Additionally, it needs to allow for a slow, but calculated, build up of US based employees so we can regain stability, improve our solutions and help contribute to an American economy which is the largest financial pillar of the world.

2. "Used to be a great place, not any more. Top management heavy."

Pros

Training opportunities are good.
    Flexibility in working hours.

Cons

Top management is too heavy. Often driving initiatives in different directions.
    5 time management systems to enter time into.
    Avg salaries.
    Low bonuses.
    Lots of incompetent people. Thus, funnels work to few individuals.
    Outsourced a lot of work already to remote locations.