UBS - Great management and wonderful work environment | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for UBS

"Great management and wonderful work environment"

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Washington, DC

I have been working at UBS full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Upward mobility encouraged, support and assistance is top notch, really know how to assist with business development and in improving client relations

Cons

location and traffic are the only real downsides. parking can be a hastle and they don't reimburse for hot lanes.

Other Employee Reviews for UBS

"Good people, but poorly performing bank"

Former Employee - Quantitative Analyst in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Quantitative Analyst in New York, NY

I worked at UBS full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Enjoyed working with all the people. As collaborative as budgets could allow. I was givewn a lot of flexibility by the head of trading to develop my models without distraction. I was also given the unofficial ability to direct IT to implement my models very quickly and efficiently for use in production.

Cons

Not enough investment in technology. Outsourcing everything and contracting out the technology made it hard to accomplish some tasks that would otherwise be relatively easy to get done - this was especially true with regards to data/speed of data retrieval.

UBS Response

Nov 11, 2013 – Tal Acquisition

Thank you for your review and for raising your concerns.

2. "Great opportunities offset by dated organizational design."

Former Employee - Executive Director in Stamford, CT
    Former Employee - Executive Director in Stamford, CT

I worked at UBS full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Truly global perspectives available, vast institutional reach, world class wealth management arm inside corporate umbrella with attendant possible synergies, and new management in many functional areas which should speed transformation.

Cons

U.S.-based investment banking is a work-in-progress, world class research operation has suffered cuts in personnel and stature, still migrating to regulatory and/or economic environment reality in each region.

Advice to Management

Be courageous in adopting region-specific practices where appropriate, redefine the firm's identity in the context of defensible comparative advantage and listen to your customers with an open mind and a desire to help them that supercedes roles.