UBS - A satisfying experience | Glassdoor

"A satisfying experience"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Pros

The work life balance was very good. I definitely contributed during my short time there and I got to interact with many of the brokers and advisors at the branch.

Cons

There was not too much structure to the work that I was doing. The pay is also not comparable to other jobs in the financial industry but the experience I felt was worth the salary sacrifice.

Advice to Management

I would definitely say there were alot of internal changes occuring during the time I was working there and I think sometimes senior management was a little too far removed from the individual branches.

Other Employee Reviews for UBS

1. "Nice for the long term, if the firm survives..."

Former Employee - Director in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Director in Chicago, IL

Pros

In mid-term or long-term, benefits package, work life balance and career advancement are excellent. Base pay is essentially fixed based on your rank, the bonus of course is where you make the money. I was in a non-banking role within the firm. Pay ended up being higher than you'd make for a similar role at a non-finance firm, but lower than the pure bankers would make.

Cons

Near-term pay can be lower than competitors. Though they can be aggressive on compensation for select employees. Swiss decision making style is bottom up consensus driven which means it can feel like an oil tanker at times.

Advice to Management

Raise some capital.

2. "fair pay for 9 to 5 work"

Current Employee - Associate Director in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Associate Director in Chicago, IL

Pros

good work/life balance, IT positions are pretty much 9 - 5 in the Chicago office. good time off/vacation policy. technology seems to be fairly up to date.

Cons

lack of growth opportunity and slow salary increase (I've heard that some employees do not receive a raise for 3 straight years!). the work is pretty mudane in the Chicago office. for better career advancement and more challenging work, have to relocate to Stamford office.

Advice to Management

need to streamline business units, there are multiple IT teams doing similar types of work. need to close mid and back office IT development work in the Chicago office. IT groups seems to be low pay and slow producers compared to what I'm used to.