UCLA - Nice place to work | Glassdoor

"Nice place to work"

Current Employee - Student Affairs Officer III in Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - Student Affairs Officer III in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at UCLA full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It is wonderful to be on a US campus and to work with students and faculty. I am happy with the vacation time offered and you can earn more vacation time off by donating blood.

Cons

I find that I am paying more for parking and medical insurance than elsewhere. It also appears that promotions and raises may prove difficult, although I have not yet tried.

Other Employee Reviews for UCLA

1. "Okay, could be better"

Current Employee - Teaching Assistant in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Teaching Assistant in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at UCLA part-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are some great professors you can TA for who are awesome at teaching and really care about the issues that come up with teaching students. Other

Cons

In my department there's one class that all new teaching assistants take, but it is not very helpful because it only covers very general teaching tips. It's not at all helpful for managing issues that will come up in the class you end up TAing for. There is also not a lot of guidance in program for improving at teaching.

Advice to Management

They need to create a meeting group that meets throughout the quarter and year where teaching assistants for specific departments can talk about how teaching is going in their classes.

2. "Not a bad place to work"

Former Employee - Food Server in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Food Server in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at UCLA part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The work is very easy

Cons

if you don't belong to a racial group, the work environment could be very harsh. Also the promotion is very limited.

Advice to Management

Create a better working environment and seriously trained some of you lazy workers.