UGIES - Great company, growing even in slow economy. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for UGIES

"Great company, growing even in slow economy."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wyomissing, PA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wyomissing, PA

Pros

This is a great company to work for. The president genuinely cares about everyone who works here and knows everyone by name. The first day I started, I was introduced to everyone in the company. The first week people would come up and ask how I was doing and actually cared about my things going on in my life. Everyone that works here is really nice which makes my job a whole lot easier. I really like having a manager that cares about me as a person and employee. They take time to explain things to me and make sure things are taken care of for me. When things could be running in a more efficient manner my manager is open to my ideas and I can see the changes made in a timely manner. There is no micromanaging here! Our HR guy is great. He communicates well with everyone in our company and takes his job seriously. UGIES has great benefits for the employees and I dont just mean health benefits. We have summer picnics, they send us and our families to Hershey Park every year and have free health exams that we can participate in. This is definitely a company that cares for its employees and definitely one you want to work for!

Cons

Sometimes it can be hard to get funding for certain projects or departments. You might have to remember a lot of passwords because each system that is used by the company requires a different log in. There are a lot of forms involved when requesting access to programs or software.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Never lose that small company "we are a family" feel to the work place. Everything you do for us is greatly appreciated.

Other Employee Reviews for UGIES

1. "Great Company to Work For"

Former Employee - Manager of Supply, Marketing and Risk Management in Reading, PA

Pros

Integrity of management.
    Creative employees encouraged.
    Actively open to ideas of how to provide better service.
    Appreciate their customers.
    Treated employees fairly.
    Expanding into new energy businesses each year creating new opportunities for employees.

Cons

Owned by large parent which limits some freedom of decision
    The parent company puts lots of pressure to increase performance each year.

Advice to Management

Doing great job.

2. "Raves for UGIES"

I have been working at UGIES full-time

Pros

I truly enjoy the people I work with and just the company as a whole. Friendly atmosphere and hardworking individuals

Cons

Update the technology if possibly?

Advice to Management

More activities for there to be socializing for new hires!