UHY LLP - Perfect to balance public accounting career and enjoy your life | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for UHY LLP

"Perfect to balance public accounting career and enjoy your life"

Current Employee - Senior Auditor in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Senior Auditor in Houston, TX

I have been working at UHY LLP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

UHY is a good place to start or continue career in public accounting (I know as prior to UHY I used to work for another national public accounting firm).

1. First of all it is fun and friendly environment, of course there some inner office politics, but it is minimum comparing to the big 4 or other firms I or my friends worked for. At our office we have atmosphere of mutual support.

2. There is a diverse clientele at UHY so I am able to concentrate on work in the niche I am interested in.

3. There are a good number of SEC clients; as such chances to work on publicly traded client are higher than in other mid-market firm.

4. Management continuously works toward helping to balance live and work. In addition to our paid days off, we are free to take off up to 3 months during the year. That allows us to pursue personal inspirations and professional achievements that would be hard to achieve without additional time off.

5. There is a good amount of travel available for those who would like to travel. At the same time, unlike in my previous firm, staff is asked if they would like to travel. If not, other person is usually found to travel.

6. Firm has a good training structure including annual training in Chicago which involves lot of fun and outdoor activities. On top of it there is continues training sessions at the local office on such topics as oil & gas accounting, new pronouncements etc.

7. Good annual bonus.

Cons

1. Paid vacation is 20 days only, would be nice to add one more week.
2. CPA bank is only $2,500; would be nice to increase bank up to the amount of Backer review plus cost of the exams taken at least once each

Advice to Management

Keep it up

Other Employee Reviews for UHY LLP

"Great firm with great people"

Current Employee - Senior Staff Accountant in Houston, TX

I have been working at UHY LLP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

UHY provides a great working atmosphere. Everyone from Partners down are all very friendly and really make their staff feel appreciated. Employees are very well compensated through salary and bonuses. Overall it's a great place to work.

Cons

It's public accounting which can create long hours. You have to input time on a very detailed level which can be quite tedious.

2. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Senior Staff Accountant in Houston, TX

I have been working at UHY LLP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

UHY is a great place to work. There are opportunities everywhere for personal growth. UHY provides the best of two worlds in the public accounting arena. Its mid-market position gives you the opportunity to work on large projects/ companies which helps to gain high level experience while the working environment is like that of a smaller firm. Staff have chances to work directly with partners. Partner's doors are alway open.

Cons

As with most public accounting firms, there are long hours. Busy times are busy and a lot of hours are required. But there is down time as well. Management is very understanding of staff taking time off during down time.