UHY LLP - Great Firm with Great Opportunities | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

There are newer employer reviews for UHY LLP

"Great Firm with Great Opportunities"

I have been working at UHY LLP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I really enjoy working at UHY because I have been exposed to a variety of clients in different industries. This has really helped me grow my career and expand my knowledge base. Another great thing about UHY is, hands down, the people. UHY has such a great atmosphere that people don't mind coming in to work and working alongside their peers. We really have gained that family mentality, but still maintain the size of relatively large firm.

Cons

During peek seasons, the hours can get long, but not unbearable.

Other Employee Reviews for UHY LLP

"Perfect to balance public accounting career and enjoy your life"

Current Employee - Senior Auditor in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Auditor in Houston, TX

I have been working at UHY LLP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

UHY is a good place to start or continue career in public accounting (I know as prior to UHY I used to work for another national public accounting firm).

1. First of all it is fun and friendly environment, of course there some inner office politics, but it is minimum comparing to the big 4 or other firms I or my friends worked for. At our office we have atmosphere of mutual support.

2. There is a diverse clientele at UHY so I am able to concentrate on work in the niche I am interested in.

3. There are a good number of SEC clients; as such chances to work on publicly traded client are higher than in other mid-market firm.

4. Management continuously works toward helping to balance live and work. In addition to our paid days off, we are free to take off up to 3 months during the year. That allows us to pursue personal inspirations and professional achievements that would be hard to achieve without additional time off.

5. There is a good amount of travel available for those who would like to travel. At the same time, unlike in my previous firm, staff is asked if they would like to travel. If not, other person is usually found to travel.

6. Firm has a good training structure including annual training in Chicago which involves lot of fun and outdoor activities. On top of it there is continues training sessions at the local office on such topics as oil & gas accounting, new pronouncements etc.

7. Good annual bonus.

Cons

1. Paid vacation is 20 days only, would be nice to add one more week.
    2. CPA bank is only $2,500; would be nice to increase bank up to the amount of Backer review plus cost of the exams taken at least once each

Advice to Management

Keep it up

2. "Amazing experience & career growth"

Pros

Experience all levels of work and get great learning experience throughout to develop your skills

Cons

Obviously the terrible hours around the deadlines...,