UHY LLP - Great Firm for Strong Performers | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for UHY LLP

"Great Firm for Strong Performers"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at UHY LLP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Talent is appreciated and recognized. Not alot of micromanagement. The firm appreciates people who take initiative - they make it easy to do so and encourage it. PTO is very healthy.

Cons

Less "support" than you would see with a larger firm (training, policies, etc.) Benefit to some, drawback for others. Benefits are competitive, but not impressive. Difficult environment for those looking for a checklist or formal career path.

Other Employee Reviews for UHY LLP

1. "First Rate Accounting and Auditing company"

Current Contractor - I T Service in San Juan, PR
    Current Contractor - I T Service in San Juan, PR

I have been working at UHY LLP as a contractor (More than 10 years)

Pros

This privately owned professional accounting and auditing firm is a company with friendly management and owners. They provide competitive salaries and a wide variety of opportunities within the accounting and auditing field. They are committed to keeping up with the latest accounting methods and laws and have frequent seminars to help in this.One of the few accounting firms that can handles both U.S. and P.R. tax returns.

Cons

The hours can be demanding especially around tax time. While the tax preparers work almost entirely in the office, auditors frequently have to drive fairly long distances as much of the auditing work is in the client premises.

Advice to Management

Strive to work more closely with I.T.

"UHY experience"

Current Employee - Senior Auditor in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Auditor in Houston, TX

I have been working at UHY LLP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Exposure to various markets, great people, competitive pay, ease to move up corporate spectrum, opportunity for a good work/life balance. Busy season is typically 55 hr work week as compared to hours worked in big 4. You have the opportunity to shape your career.

Cons

It's public accounting so the hours are longer during Jan-April. Sometimes you can get stuck working in one industry for the entire busy season. Other than that I can't think of many complaints.