UPMC - Employee morale is in the gutter | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for UPMC

"Employee morale is in the gutter"

Former Employee - Nursing Assistant in Pittsburgh, PA
Former Employee - Nursing Assistant in Pittsburgh, PA

Pros

-You can pick your own shifts.
-If you are outgoing, you can interact with doctors and physician assistants that will give you opportunities to shadow them, which is great for college students planning to go into healthcare.
-Work with some great people who care about their patients...until they get burnt out.

Cons

Morale is way down. Understaffed and cannot keep up with the hotel like stay that is expected. High stress. Management is out of touch. UPMC health plan is garbage - very high deductibles and cannot see any doctors outside of UPMC. Raises were deferred two years to the point where new hires were making more than those with years of experience. Low pay compared to retirement communities.

Advice to Management

UPMC used to be a good place to work, but with new policies and advertisements in place, the hospital is burning a lot of good employees out. Focus more on team building and not being as bureaucratic as possible, increase pay to pa market rates, and actually staff the units.

Other Employee Reviews for UPMC

"Okay for a short time."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Pros

Benefits are great at UPMC.

Cons

Pay isn't so good and very strict about time off. Difficult to move up in the company.

"Great until I tried to leave"

Former Employee - Systems Analyst - Intermediate in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Systems Analyst - Intermediate in Pittsburgh, PA

Pros

Good benefits and my salary was very fair.

Cons

Informaiton hoarding, jobs not posted but rather offered to the "preferred employees". When I tried to leave I was told by my DIRECTOR that of she found out who I was going to work for she would have the company and I "blackballed" from the industry. If you decide to leave DO NOT divulge any information about where you are going or why you are leaving.

Advice to Management

see above about posting posting jobs, and informaiton hoarding.