UPMC - ISDR | Glassdoor

"ISDR"

Current Employee - ISDR in Pittsburgh, PA
Current Employee - ISDR in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at UPMC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Being in a rotation division allows you to experience a lot of different areas of the company to see if you do or do not want to stay there after your rotation is completed. The rotations also give you a great resume builder so that you are well prepared more jobs upon completion.

Cons

Some rotations may not be as exciting as others which could lead to a long 6 months. The positive side to this is that 6 months is a relatively short period of time in your carrier .

Other Employee Reviews for UPMC

"A wolf in sheep's clothing"

I worked at UPMC part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Always looking for new people and the staff is (usually) very professional and fun to be around.

Cons

How each facility is run is more or less left up to the facilities director, who usually do a good job. The biggest issue is the revolving door of certain part time employees. Whom are either laid-off without notice, are terminated for bad attitudes (whether or not they actually had one), or were only hired for temporary work to begin with.

Another issue is the pay; I worked at one facility for years at a slave wage, and despite being promised healthcare benefits after completing both training and such, I was always given the run around every time I asked.

Advice to Management

Screen your temp-hires with a little more scrutiny. And maybe pay your lower-rung workers a little more, trust me, it'll go a looooong way to improving both moral and PR!

2. "Good company to work for"

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at UPMC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

good work life balance, big company so a lot of room to climb the ladder

Cons

non-profit so pay is not as competitive as it would be a similar size for profit company