UPS - a great company to work for | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for UPS

"a great company to work for"

Current Employee - UPS Driver in South San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - UPS Driver in South San Francisco, CA

Pros

well paying job, great benefits and pension, union keeps your job secured from incompetent management. Seeing customers happy and giving the best customer service I can possibly give.

Cons

most management personel are incompetent and don't care much about the employee... UPS is a great company and I am proud of being a part of it. It's just that management makes it difficult for us to work.

Advice to Management

Let us do our job

Other Employee Reviews for UPS

1. "Work if you're willing to work"

Former Employee - Shipping/Recieveing in Oakland, CA
    Former Employee - Shipping/Recieveing in Oakland, CA

Pros

The best reasons to work for UPS are that they offer a low rate of return on the summer employees so they are able to provide newer staff with fresh ideas and clear states of mind to create a better business model for the company.

Cons

Long long long hours with very little overtime potential. Working with the family that I have; it's hard to maintain my lifestyle based on the job that I currently hold here. However, it is getting better and I do have to give the upper management props for this attempt.

Advice to Management

None.

"Good benefits, a reliable yet small paycheck, extreme criticism & stress, management by intimidation."

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Greenville, SC
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Greenville, SC

Pros

Great benefits and a reputable company that delivers a superior product and that isn't going away.

Cons

Poor pay. Incompetent management. Ever changing "plans" to help you get ahead. Unrealistic demands. Lack of integrity regarding internal reporting. Unreasonable rules that work well in outside sales headquartered in the UPS centers but totally irrelevant to the Inside Sales environment. Questionable promotions. Failure to prepare promoted individuals for their new jobs. No opportunity to allow new employees to consult with the people they are replacing. Threatening employees jobs if they fail to meet multiple unrealistic expectations. Having employees sign documents stating that they recognize all their shortcomings and that if they fail to meet expectations they will be terminated. Time wasted in meetings and consultations with management that take the ISR away from their job. Worst job I've ever had.

Advice to Management

Quit. You haven't a clue what you're doing. Other than that, quit managing from a distance. Quit trying to develop a formula for success. It's not possible. Value the employees and their efforts.