UPS - It was fun and offered a good workout! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for UPS

"It was fun and offered a good workout!"

Former Employee - Part Time Package Handler in Portland, OR
Former Employee - Part Time Package Handler in Portland, OR

Pros

The awesome benefits package offered by UPS.
Being a Teamster and having good people to work with. Safety being a big concern.

Cons

Occasionally management doing our job, some supervisors are not good at interacting with the employees. Would be better if we could work more hours.

Advice to Management

Stop doing our job, try to work better with employees and union officials, (reps and shop stewards). Our customers are the most important thing so let the employees do their job.

Other Employee Reviews for UPS

"If you like drama"

Former Employee - Dock Worker in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Dock Worker in Columbus, OH

I worked at UPS part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The pay was pretty good for a part time job. Hours were pretty good too

Cons

The upper management are unprofessional and very vindictive. They get off on making their employees cry. If you have a family issue they could care less as long as you do what they say. It was a horrivle experience working with such unpleasant and immature management. They change your shift constantly with only a few days notice. They don''t ask they just tell.

Advice to Management

Grow up and become more aware of your employees needs. Instead of chastising them and not caring you should put forth an effort to consider you have PEOPLE working for you and not animals or machines.

"Hard Work"

Current Employee - Part Time Package Handler in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Part Time Package Handler in Nashville, TN

I have been working at UPS part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Part-Time
    Set Schedule
    Great Benefits
    Great People
    Tuition reimbursement
    weekends off
    paid vacations and paid holidays after one year.

Cons

Have to be there for a good while to become Full Time, and even then... there's still a long list of people with more seniority than you who wants full time as well.
    If you join management, you have to leave the union and risk getting dump on by management
    It's Hard Work... you can definitely make a dollar doing less, though the benefits probably wouldn't be there
    It seems you have to join management to move up in the company
    You might get sent home(layover) for being a minute late... even if it's everyday. lol, I'm not lying
    Speaking of which, they sometimes send too many people home causing everyone else who stayed to work harder than they have to.

There's more but I'll just stop there...

Advice to Management

hmmm where to began... Come up with a different management style other than Chewing out and embarrassing your supervisors when they don't perform to your standards. It's no wonder the part time supervisors drop like flies... one person can only take so much... but I know they won't listen to this anyway so...