UPS - Excellent employer, great benefits | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for UPS

"Excellent employer, great benefits"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Louisville, KY
Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Louisville, KY

I worked at UPS part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

At the location that I worked, a college payment program is available and there is excellent pay and benefits. Room to move up and excellent management system.

Cons

You can get lost in the system if you don't make an effort to be noticed; I had limited experience with the "normal" UPS employees that are a part of the union.

Advice to Management

Try not to mirco-manage the employees who have enough on their plates than a tiny, insignificant detail. Show more appreciation for those who go out of their way to make your life/job easier.

Other Employee Reviews for UPS

"Full time supervisor"

Former Employee - Package Operations Supervisor in Baldwin Park, CA
    Former Employee - Package Operations Supervisor in Baldwin Park, CA

I worked at UPS full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I enjoyed working with my people and maintaining a good relationship. I met may wonderful people and may challenging ones as well. The salary was pretty nice too.

Cons

Immediate micromanagement from Staff level management made it difficult to set and achieve goals. Often times instructions were given from upper management that conflicted with UPS policies and practices. You were forced to choose between team loyalty and being "Blackballed" and the policyies that were preached.

Advice to Management

Follow the policies to the letter. If it comes into conflict with instructions from upper management, report it immediately. Staff level management has a way of getting rid of people that conflict with their instructions

2. "Overall a good working environment"

Former Employee - Seasonal Driver Helper in New Wilmington, PA
    Former Employee - Seasonal Driver Helper in New Wilmington, PA

I worked at UPS part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Drivers are good to work with.Work duing the day and home at night.
    Job is mentally and physically challenging. Get to meet and help people daily.

Cons

only seasonal employment
    when hired on, you're part time. Takes a few years to get a full time position.
    Once you're in the truck, you're at the mercy of the driver. If he's a workaholic, you are too...

Advice to Management

Listen to the regular driver and hire some of the seasonal help to a driving postion. Forget the union and hire people who want to work and not just a buddy with the union stewards...