UPS - Working with a GREAT TEAM | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for UPS

"Working with a GREAT TEAM"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wayne, NJ
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wayne, NJ

I have been working at UPS full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Enjoy my job and location is great for me, manager is flexible with arrival and departure time as long as its for a good reason and job is done. Enjoy the comradery among the team I am in everyone is helpful and always willing to help each other out. Benefits are also great

Cons

The cafe isn't all that great but great area to store lunch

Advice to Management

To my Management continue the great commmunication among the team

Other Employee Reviews for UPS

1. "Great place to work through school."

Former Employee - UPS Loader in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - UPS Loader in Columbus, OH

I worked at UPS part-time (More than a year)

Pros

You can work a set schedule so there's no guessing. A variety of shifts available to fit your school schedule. Lots of opportunity for overtime around the holiday season. I enjoyed my time with this company and will consider going back to work for them again.
    Also, UPS provides some of the best health insurance you can get.

Cons

This is supposed to be a tobacco free workplace, but there are a lot of people who use chewing tobacco and they spit it all over the place with no regard to other people. Also, it is a warehouse so it is very dirty, but that is to be expected.

Advice to Management

Please do something about people spitting everywhere. It's gross, it gets on the packages, and it can be considered a safety hazard to have spit and tobacco juice all over the floor.

2. "Good internship experience, but hectic full time experience for co-workers with varying schedules."

Former Intern - Industrial Engineer in Elm Grove, WI
    Former Intern - Industrial Engineer in Elm Grove, WI

I worked at UPS as an intern (More than a year)

Pros

Internship was well paid and good experience working with colleagues.
    Good benefits, such as vacation and compensation with incentives for stock ownership programs

Cons

Varying work hours included working all shifts which made for incovenient work hours. Work life balance was difficult for full time exempt employees. Need other ways to better offset the challenging work life balance that currently exists in most offices.

Advice to Management

Possibly consider hiring more supplemental employees for certain areas during the peak season to help planners and other full time employees with the increased work load during peak season.