UPS - Great place to work. Flexible and relaxed work environment. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for UPS

"Great place to work. Flexible and relaxed work environment."

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Mahwah, NJ
Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Mahwah, NJ

I have been working at UPS full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The work environment is extremely relaxed, work hours are very flexible. One of the few accounting jobs where you're not working a crazy amount of hours. The starting salary is great and we mainly promote from within, so there are opportunities for advancement. Benefits are also really good.

Cons

Training program doesn't exist - you are trained through peers and self learning.

Advice to Management

We need to have a training program since the IT building is so specialized. It will build a better foundation for employees. I feel there are basic concepts that are often missed out on.

Other Employee Reviews for UPS

"It's been interesting, tiring, frustrating, etc."

Current Employee - Car Washer in Edison, NJ
    Current Employee - Car Washer in Edison, NJ

I have been working at UPS part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits, so so salary, union.

Cons

It's not easy to move up the ladder, union.

Advice to Management

Remember you were one of us once.

2. "Package Handler (Sorter)"

Current Employee - Part Time Package Handler in Palatine, IL
    Current Employee - Part Time Package Handler in Palatine, IL

I have been working at UPS part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good workout, great insurance, wages automatically increase every 6 months. The longer you're there, the better the job is. Union gives you job security, can pretty much do anything short or stealing and completely stop showing up and you still won't be fired. Health benefits are amazing, only a $10 copayment and free prescriptions to most medicines.

Cons

Constantly working; lifting and moving boxes. Could be working as fast as you can but your supervisors will still come up and say you're not moving fast enough. No air conditioning so the building literally becomes a "sweat shop" in the summer months. No matter how long you're there, you'll only get ONE ten minute break, even if you've been working hard for 6 hours. Must join the union and union dues take money out of your already small paycheck. Very dirty, very dusty, you WILL be blowing out big black boogers out your nose at the end of every day. After you've done it for a while, it becomes mindless work, and you can't use any music listening devices or cell phones to keep your mind occupied. Some of your other coworkers might be lazy and you have to pick up their slack. If you work hard and you're good a what you do, they place you with someone that works hard too, making your job extra hard because you're forced to keep up with the flow. No ones cares about anybody but themselves. Sure you can help the people around you, but unless you think about yourself first, the place will eat you alive. There are multiple entities (union, united way, drive,etc) that would like you to donate even more money out of your already small paycheck.

Advice to Management

Stop acting like slave-drivers and stop worrying about how fast the work gets done. Keep in mind that we're all human beings and we deserve to be talked to with respect. Just because you're a "supervisor", it does not make you a "superior" being.