UPS - Good compensation for a young person, behind the times thinking by upper management | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for UPS

"Good compensation for a young person, behind the times thinking by upper management"

Former Employee - Senior Account Manager in Parsippany, NJ
Former Employee - Senior Account Manager in Parsippany, NJ

I worked at UPS full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Earned six figures as a young professional, excellent benefits, and significant room for growth.

Cons

Wall Street likes FedEx's stock better than UPS's for a reason. UPS has been around over 100 years and is the 500lb guerilla in the room. They're a great company but are so large that they are either resistant to change because they either 1) can't change or 2) don't feel the need to change.

Other Employee Reviews for UPS

"It's a job."

Current Employee - Plant Engineering Specialist in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Plant Engineering Specialist in Louisville, KY

I have been working at UPS full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

People I work with are great. You get pay well for what you do. They do a tuition reimbursement program for bachelor's degree.

Cons

The job I have was misleading in its representation. I was lead to believe this was more of engineering job when it wasn't. You are an alarm caller who sits behind a computer all day. Mechanics have more power to change the area then you do. There isn't very many opportunities for promotion. Because there isn't a lot of promotions or upward movement there is a lot of veterans workers doing the same work making 20 or 30,000 more then you. Raises aren't based on performance they are based on years.

Advice to Management

Lower requirements for degree needed. The requirements don't match skill level needed. Far more reaching then needed. Maybe a associates degree in the technical area or just having a bachelor would be suitable. Reevaluate how raises are given.

"Frontline Supervisor"

Former Employee - Frontline Supervisor in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Frontline Supervisor in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at UPS part-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Structure; consistent workday despite volume of work.

Cons

Cumbersome path to upper management.

Advice to Management

My experience at UPS in management was probably better than most, so my opinion is probably a little more biased than others. My management team was pretty good for the most part, they were demanding, but not unrealistic.