UPS - driver helper | Glassdoor

"driver helper"

Former Employee - Driver Helper in Saint Charles, MO
Former Employee - Driver Helper in Saint Charles, MO

I worked at UPS part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I loved being a driver helper. I got to ride around in nice neighborhoods deliver packages to residential house and even commercial business.

Cons

I was working part time in the factory as a package handler. So it was tough doing both jobs.

Other Employee Reviews for UPS

1. "OK place to work"

Current Employee - Preload in Chantilly, VA
    Current Employee - Preload in Chantilly, VA

I have been working at UPS part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Decent Starting Pay and good for morning people that are up very early and dont mind heavy lifting

Cons

Majority of management decisions dont really make sense on what they tell you to do

"Poor career development in Information Systems"

Former Employee - Software Quality Analyst in Paramus, NJ
    Former Employee - Software Quality Analyst in Paramus, NJ

I worked at UPS full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The only reason I can think of of working for UPS would be the salary , the need for a job.

Cons

I worked for UPS for almost 15 years. Studied and graduated from Montclair University, Computer Science. UPS was first company after graduating from college. I did not have the opportunity to put in practice and develop any computer skills. No opportunity to become a programmer, After being transfer to another department, i opted to become a software tester or quality analyst. Management did not have a clue in how to manage QAs, we learned as we go, we had to train ourselves in learning the system, No leadership at all, learning based on digging documentation from different groups or departments since our group test a suite of applications our only resource was to reach to these different groups. Company acquired software for testing like QTP and Blackbox, again at least in my case I was denied the opportunity in getting familiar in using these important tools. After the second year in this department after I self trained then I became 'comfortable' with testing all these applications. When I was transferred again, due to reduction of personnel in this department, (after surviving the 2009 'clean up' (removing of employees that did not meet expectations from management) I had to go through the same, this time even worse, management told me I did not have to learn the old legacy application. Since this was a new project, I did the same learn on my own everything that I could. Self trained in QTP and Loadrunner which was required. However to my surprise, out of the blue, I was told to test the old application which I never bother learning. This cause the first conflict with my manager. After that my reviews went down to a point that apparently my performance was unacceptable and practically I was 'forced' to opt to retire or get fired.

Advice to Management

UPS -IT need to get real IT managers, people graduated from computer science, real professionals.