UPS - go | Glassdoor

"go"

I have been working at UPS full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Company is always changing for the best.

Cons

Too much change for most people.

Other Employee Reviews for UPS

1. "Horrible"

Current Employee - Preloader in Brooklyn, NY
    Current Employee - Preloader in Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at UPS full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A lot of hours during holidays .....there aren't many pros ...not including the false hope of internal promotions

Cons

Were treated like crap ...your forced to work weekends on the holidays if your not seniority

Advice to Management

Middle fingers ....that's all

2. "READ MY ENTIRE ARTICLE"

Former Employee - Part Time Package Handler in Hodgkins, IL
    Former Employee - Part Time Package Handler in Hodgkins, IL

I worked at UPS part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

benefits.. but please read the cons i post. the new health care system is going to nerf the most attractive feature of working for this company.

Cons

Package Handler (Former Employee), Hodgkins illinois CACH

Cons: the pay, people, management, workload, hours all suck

-Full time workload in a part time shift for 8.50/hr for first 40 days then $9 an hour afterwards for a year

-Management will lie to you repeatedly if they feel they can get more work out of you

-Rules only exist until management decides they want to break them

-You are expected to never lie

-Most who people work there are ego-tripping jerks

-They will go to extreme lengths to make sure that if you get hurt, you will be the one at fault and not them (they run a huge "safety" program to get reduced premiums from their insurance company and try to pass it off like they care about you

-If you work hard you will be abused by management allowing other workers to slack off while you do their work as well

-The union is WEAK. UPS management is so in bed with the teamsters union that alot of higher up managers go out to dinner/golfing/vacations/etc. with Teamster business agents

-They do offer money for school but its only $2000 a semester with a life time cap of $16000, which is nice for maybe 2 years at a community college. So even though it is offered only about a quarter of what is offered is actually usable

-In order to go full-time you will probably have to wait 14+ years

-They do not respect the fact you only work for them part-time and cannot afford to live on just your wage there. I myself have been threatened with "job abandonment" if I do not stay AFTER THE END OF MY SHIFT to help clean up the gigantic mess that is left at the end of the day to go to another job. Over the course of a year UPS got me fired from 3 different jobs which all started atleast an hour after my shift at UPS was supposed to end. I only stayed there because the benefits are GREAT but benefits dont pay the bills. It took me 5 years to realize that.

-To meet their numbers dock supervisors will intentionally forget your hours and pay you ALOT less than what you are supposed to be payed, you can appeal it but it takes several weeks and it gets done by the full-time supervisor who is usually the one who told the dock supervisor to cut your hours in the first place.

-I was expected to load 2000+ packages an hour for 5 hours a day plus picking up the 1000's of over 70lb packages which they let pile up next to your trailer all day.

This is a terrible company that will lie to you and abuse you. A co-worker of mine asked to go home once, he said he wasn't feeling well. My full-time supervisor told him sure he could go, if he wouldnt mind looking for a new job tomorrow. Well my coworker stayed, finished his shift and got to the guard shack. He suffered a major heart attack and died about 5 feet infront of me. All because some A**HOLE on a power-trip wanted to keep his own numbers up.

DO NOT WORK HERE (UPS IN HODGKINS ILLIONS, CACH) YOU WILL SUFFER MULTIPLE INJURIES AND YOU WILL DO PERMANENT DAMAGE TO YOUR BODY THAT YOU MIGHT NOT NOTICE UNTIL IT IS TOO LATE AND UPS IS NO LONGER LIABLE FOR. THE BENEFITS ARE GREAT DONT GET ME WRONG BUT YOU DONT NEED THEM THAT BAD TRUST ME.

Oh and one last thing, I worked there for 5 years and never once hit $12000 a year. Just let that sink in.

Advice to Management

You guys have the greatest scam in the world going for you..