UPS - Good company, tough to advance. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for UPS

"Good company, tough to advance."

Former Employee - Preload Supervisor in New York, NY
Former Employee - Preload Supervisor in New York, NY

I worked at UPS part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very stable company. Pay is good for full time management and union workers. Met some great people in my 3 years at UPS.

Cons

Unrealistic expectations!! Tough union environment, constant conflicts between union and management. Terrible hours for preload, my hours would vary between 9pm-10am. Have to work all holidays. Very tough to advance to full time from part time. Once full time the pay is great somewhere around 70,000. However, full time entails working 60-70 hours a week and constantly being harassed by upper management.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees better. Management stresses discipline non stop, creating the conflicts between union and management.

Other Employee Reviews for UPS

1. "Wasted of time. Broken promises"

Former Employee - Auditor in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Auditor in Columbus, OH

I worked at UPS (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good people. Pay was ok but I earned every penny of it working in below 0 weather and walking nonstop. Plus heavy lifting trailer doors open.

Cons

they knew they were letting out me go but didn't say anything til the day before.I got a call that i was out of a job. I worked seasonal for 2 1/2 yrs AND was never hired on. Even tho I was told several times that I was going to be by management. I was an auditor. Which winter spring summer or fall u open trailers and verify if its a load or not. I work 5hrs walking non stop around the truck yard. Was on time and rarely missed work and they still did not hire me.
     And because they didn't have any positions avalialbe they let all of the temps go.Management are idoits and control freaks about everything. Exspecially with the drivers. The drivers make sooo money but they cry and complain nonstop. Which was really annoying.

Advice to Management

Hire ppl that bust their butt trying to get hired on. This happens to a lot of ppl. Users

"Best job I'll ever have"

Current Employee - Package Handler in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Package Handler in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at UPS part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great pay and benefits. Flexible work hours. Great supervisors.

Cons

Transferring and applying to other UPS jobs as an employee should be a lot easier.