URS Corporation - Welcome to URS Dallas .... now find something to do or you'll be fired. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for URS Corporation

"Welcome to URS Dallas .... now find something to do or you'll be fired."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at URS Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My manager and colleagues were a pleasure to work with. By todays standard they have good compensation and benefits.

Cons

There's no such thing as a perfect company to work for however URS Dallas is a total nightmare. The name of the game is to remain billable and it is up to each employee to find a project to work on without any internal help. If you aren't billable then your head is on the chopping block and you are reduced to walking around the office begging managers for a project to charge your time to. This is referred to "Pimping yourself out" by many employees. Morale doesn't exist here anymore and "executive row" is more concerned about holding on to power than developing a business plan.

Advice to Management

Local executive management needs to realize that they have very intelligent and dedicated employees however when the economy improves there will be a mass exodus if conditions remain the same.

Other Employee Reviews for URS Corporation

"Flexible hours, but oppressive management structure."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

I worked at URS Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I was able to make my own schedules, and as long as I was 100% billable, nobody bothered me.

Cons

I had to take on projects and tasks that weren't really my role in order to stay billable. I never had an issue with billability, but I saw my coworkers suffer. They were often forced to take furlough days or pay cuts or reduce hours in order to make Senior Management happy. It resulted in extremely high turnover.

Advice to Management

Stop treating your employees like they are a cog in the wheel.

"Process Engineer"

Current Employee - Process Engineer IV in Morgantown, WV
    Current Employee - Process Engineer IV in Morgantown, WV

I have been working at URS Corporation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good engineering design experience. 40 hour work week most of the time

Cons

No recognition for excellence. I have been a top contributor for last 3 years and received two 2% raises and one 4% raise. Most don't get annual raises. I received my PE license at the "strong" encouragement of my manager and never received the raise I was promised. To be fair to my manager, it was upper management that said no. They wouldn't even pay for my PE stamp ($40) but asked me to use it on behalf of the company. Doesn't get much more insulting than that. Very poor benefits. No sick time or bereavement. No bonuses. I have a PE license and 11 years experience but stuck in a job classification that only required 4 years experience. If an employee is within 10% of the middle pay range for a job classification, then employee can only receive 2-4% raise regardless of performance. Did I mention my performance reviews listed me as a top contibutor. Managers can only classify10% of their employees as top contributors. They hold employees down to keep costs down. There are employees here that make less than the minimum of their job classification. Exactly how does that happen??? We've lost several good engineers and they're about to lose another. I'm currently searching for a new job.

Advice to Management

Take care of your employees or they will leave.