Employee Review

1. 5.0
    Former Employee

There is no truer purpose than supporting your country

Mar 19, 2012 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have had the great privilege of working side by side with some of the greatest people. There are numerous opportunities to learn different careers as well as exceed any potential that I had and some that I did not realize I had in myself. Most supervisory level people only want to see you exceed and will work as hard as you do, sometimes harder, to see you attain your goals. The only ceiling for advancement, is the ceiling that you build over yourself.

Cons

I have had the best commanders and the worst commanders. When you have those commanders who believe in their people, and they out weigh the others, there is nothing that you know that you can't accomplish. Unfortunately, when you get the other commander, it will almost make you want to give up at times and wait their time out. It seems that the one rule that stands the test of time, is that the more a commander messes up, the quicker they move up.

Continue reading
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Awesome

Jun 20, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Awesome place…great pay. I love it

Cons

No complaints I love it

2. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

If you INSIST on joining the military, this is the branch to go with

Jun 18, 2021 - Intelligence Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Free healthcare that does pretty well overall, despite its flaws. People like to complain about TriCare, but they've likely forgotten how awful dealing with privatized healthcare is like, especially when you need specialized care/medication - You'll meet a lot of people, and a lot of those people are pretty cool - Having most, if not all of your college or vocational education paid for (and being actively encouraged to pursue that education) is a pretty nice perk - It's not the Army (just kidding, I love you guys)

Cons

- Not strictly a con, but a caution: I cannot understate how much your mileage may vary when being in the Air Force. I've had an overall positive experience, but I've had colleagues who ended up at assignments they hated under leadership that was aloof and uncaring at best and actively hostile at worst. The quality of life of a comms troop will probably be very different from say, an aircraft maintainer. - "Needs of the Air Force" can ruin your day/month/year pretty easily - For more technical AFSCs, being on the salary is very uncompetitive. This is a recurring theme with all government jobs, but still - Depending on your career field and unit, you can find yourself in a very toxic unit

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about US Air Force.