US Air Force - The easiest and hardest job you'll ever have, at the end of the day it's very rewarding. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for US Air Force

"The easiest and hardest job you'll ever have, at the end of the day it's very rewarding."

Current Employee - Aircraft Mechanic in Charleston, SC
Current Employee - Aircraft Mechanic in Charleston, SC

I have been working at US Air Force full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Outstanding benefits unmatched by anyone in the civilian workforce. Great travel opportunities. Great for career advancement, experience, education and training. For those who are motivated, you will learn to be a leader.

Cons

Deployments have become longer and more frequent. Continual drawdowns and spending cuts means higher demands and more responsibility for everyone. Military lifestyle is not for everyone, you must maintain high standards of physical fitness and appearance.

Advice to Management

Lead from the front. And make taking care of your people your first priority. If your people know you care about them, they will take care of the mission.

Other Employee Reviews for US Air Force

1. "Best 24 Years of my life"

Pros

I received outstanding training and I was able to see parts of the world and our country that I would otherwise not have had the chance. Being part of the Air Force has given me everything in life.

Cons

It's a very structured lifestyle, it's not for everyone.

Advice to Management

Filter out the politics

2. "It wasn't bad."

I worked at US Air Force full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

pay check, can't be fired unless you do something really dumb, medical insurance, support system

Cons

can't quite if you get sick of it, there isn't a lot of opportunity for the little people to help improve and you don't get to make decisions for yourself.