US Airways - wonderful company to work for | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for US Airways

"wonderful company to work for"

Current Employee - Customer Service Agent in Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - Customer Service Agent in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at US Airways full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

We are a family environment and work well together

Cons

Money is not as good as other airlines

Advice to Management

Listen to your team they can get your flights out on time with teamwork with management

Other Employee Reviews for US Airways

"Could have been better"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

I worked at US Airways full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I started working with America West and then the merger switched us over to US Airways regardless of which company name I worked under the benefits were great and work was relatively easy. The merger gave us an eventual increase in pay, though it was a very minimal amount.

Cons

Along with the merger came changes in policy and 'family' values went out the window...I ended up leaving the company because they made my life very difficult when I had to go on an early maternity leave due to going into premature labor...it was downhill after that. Very disappointing.

"Overall great company to work for."

Former Employee - Coordinator in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Coordinator in Tempe, AZ

I worked at US Airways full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Overall, US Airways is a great company to work for. The flight benefits are great if you love to travel, the health benefits and 401k plan was also very good. Great people to work with and overall great atmosphere.

Cons

Pay, as repeatedly said...is lower than the industry average. Also, when and if you do move up in the company the salary increase is based off a percentage per the pay grade of the position jump. That means you could get another position and get an 8% increase....yet they will hire someone from outside the company with the same experience as you and may them way more than what you would get. That always seemed a little unfair to me.

Advice to Management

Look within the department and company when hiring. Also as previously said, offer a higher salary to internal employees that external employees would be offered. Give an incentive to want to stay with the company. I can't say how many times I have seen great people leave the company simply because they were not treated or paid the way they should. Senior Management doesn't realize the loss they take because of it.