US Army Installation Management Command - Pay the bills | Glassdoor

"Pay the bills"

Pros

Flexible work schedule and RDOs

Cons

No career progression, stagnant environment

Advice to Management

Need to provide a strategic mission, vision and goals. PUBLISHED

Other Employee Reviews for US Army Installation Management Command

1. "job rating"

Current Employee - Program Analyst in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Program Analyst in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at US Army Installation Management Command full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent to work for with good salaries. Management are good to work for and supports staff. would like to saty with company if better opportunity present itself

Cons

hard upward movement is very difficult. many experience personnel do not have the ability to work in skills higher than currently working

Advice to Management

allow more upward movement

2. "My experience with IMCOM has been very positive, educational, challenging, and rewarding."

Current Employee - Command Sergeant Major in Fort Huachuca, AZ
    Current Employee - Command Sergeant Major in Fort Huachuca, AZ

Pros

The best reasons to work for US Army IMCOM are first and formost one's ability and position to really make a difference in the quality of life of our Soldiers and their families. While often filled with many challenges, it's very rewarding when you can help people out. IMCOM is very good about sending you to various schools to receive training for current job as well as positions of greater responsibilities. The people, the team, are great to work with and for. Finally, the pay, benefits, and job security are solid.

Cons

I often work very long hours, so it's tough on family life, but you usually have your weekends, and you don't deploy, so I can't really complain, and I don't.

Advice to Management

I really appreciate the teamwork and the closeness that exist amongst all Soldiers/military leaders and Department of the Army Civilians (DACs), accordingly, my advice to military leaders is to keep working hard to strengthen the team. This team concept is what makes it such an effective organization and a great place to work. I would also advise continued educational opportunities for both military leaders and DACs. Finally, enjoy time with family when you can, you will likely be deploying again soon, so enjoy as much as possible.