US Army - Excellent prep for civilian life. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for US Army

"Excellent prep for civilian life."

Current Employee - Military Police
Current Employee - Military Police

Pros

I have enjoyed my 21 yrs in the Army. I've enjoyed working in various parts of the world. I have enjoyed working with a very diverse group of people.

Cons

During some points of my career, I have found that there is a lack of time to be spent with family.

Other Employee Reviews for US Army

1. "Frustrating and maddening"

Pros

The people you work with are excellent. The food is also of high quality. IN the end, it just wasnt for me.

Cons

THe hours are terrible. You will work weekends and holidays. You will spend years away from your family. That part is not good.

Advice to Management

Make sure you never forget that your leaders are people too, and that they are not impervious to needing support.

2. "Rewarding, enlightening, and educational"

Pros

The US Army is a great place to start on your educational goals and to travel. It pays your tuition so that you can have a degree by the time you leave and it enables you to travel the world.

Cons

Downside would be if you are a single-parent, it is very difficult to balance the two if you are in a job and/or a unit in which you may be recalled at a moments notice.

Advice to Management

My advice is to focus on morale more than the US Army has in the past. Boosting of morale would go a long way towards happy SOldiers. Happy Soldiers mean the mission gets accomplished that much faster.