US Army - This has been the most rewarding job I have ever had. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for US Army

"This has been the most rewarding job I have ever had."

Current Employee - U S Army Sergeant First Class E7 in Fort Riley, KS
Current Employee - U S Army Sergeant First Class E7 in Fort Riley, KS

I have been working at US Army full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Travel, training and life experiences.

Cons

Deployments away from loved ones.

Advice to Management

Shorter Tour lengths.

Other Employee Reviews for US Army

1. "No Better Way to Serve Your Country"

Former Employee - 88M Motor Vehicle Operator in Fort Polk, LA
    Former Employee - 88M Motor Vehicle Operator in Fort Polk, LA

I worked at US Army full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

While requiring a huge sacrifice, the US Army offers challenges and rewards beyond explanation. You will become physically and mentally tough while gaining professional expertise in wide range of skills. And all while serving your country. There really is no better organization for finding out what you're made of if you are ready for a challenge.

Cons

Research job opportunities well because some jobs can be difficult to advance in. Also, maintaining a proper work-life balance can be very difficult in some units, and stress is a daily fact of life.

2. "It was a good one, I'd do it again if I had to..."

Current Employee - 91C In the NV National Guard (Currently) in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - 91C In the NV National Guard (Currently) in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at US Army part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The opportunities and benefits you get while you are serving like Tuition Assistance, you get to study for free like taking college classes and even after you get out you still get to take advantage of some more benefits like VA Medical Care for example...

Cons

Like when you are serving Active Duty when they say you are a soldier 24/7. They can really mean it, for example when a soldier gets in trouble during the weekend like a DUI Incident for example the Platoon SGT can call every soldier from his Platoon to report to the base to conduct a meeting or stuff like that...or like when you don't what time you are going to get off work, you can work for an hour or for 8, you don't know. You're salaried and if your superiors believe they need you you won't get off work until they decide to dismiss you for the day.

Advice to Management

Better communication channels, I know some people up there try hard to establish proper communication channels but somewhere along the line and sometimes bad leaderships creates hardship among lower enlisted soldiers but I know that measurements to improver are taken into consideration.