US Bakery - Good Peers - Mediocre Management | Glassdoor
  1. "Good Peers - Mediocre Management"

Current Employee - CAO - Core Maintenance in Vancouver, WA

I have been working at US Bakery full-time for more than a year

Pros

The benefits are probably the only reason to seek out a job here. They don't take any money out of your paycheck to pay for them.

Cons

Being a lower level manager means they take an extra 10-20 hours a week. Most of managers work seven days a week as far as I can tell. The actual workers have very locked in duties and there isn't a lot of room for creativity.

US Bakery2014-08-24

Other Employee Reviews

"Retail Management"

Current Employee - Outlet Store in Portland, OR

I have been working at US Bakery part-time for more than 6 years

Pros

Company Values are Strong. Place a high focus on customer service. Union stores, good pay, great benefits, increasing vacations.

Cons

There seems to be a lack of communication between the higher ups and those of us on the bottom. If we get told anything it is usually way after we have figured it out for ourselves.

Advice to Management

For the increasing amount of responsibilities that are placed on your managers they should be compensated accordingly. We all strive to do our best for the company and put in the time and effort to make our stores successful we deserve to be compensated. Also most of us have a real connection with the customer base yet we are never asked for our opinions when you make decisions about some of the things that effect us.

US Bakery2014-08-17
  2. "Very Fast paced"

Former Employee - Bun Production in Billings, MT

I worked at US Bakery full-time for more than a year

Pros

Company puts 14% into a 401K.

Cons

Very fast paced and hard work. No rotating shifts. Can be stuck on night shift indefinitely. Schedule is bad. No two days off in a row. Supposed to be a family oriented business, but forget about a family life or life in general. Not enough employees. Not enough pay for the work.

Advice to Management

Hire more people. Fix the scheduling to allow for two days off in a row. Can be done easily.

US Bakery2017-04-21

Discover more reviews about US Bakery.