US Census Bureau - Fast-paced, decisive work opportunity. Many new employees involved, which makes the environment very exciting and fresh. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for US Census Bureau

"Fast-paced, decisive work opportunity. Many new employees involved, which makes the environment very exciting and fresh."

Former Contractor - Team Leader in Greensboro, NC
Former Contractor - Team Leader in Greensboro, NC

I worked at US Census Bureau as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Lots of opportunities to improve on current strategies, which is often welcomed. Room to approach work as you see fit.

Cons

Short-lived, minimal possibility for continuing. Contains some bureaucratic barriers.

Advice to Management

Show support for those of your ranks who are promising, and are seeking full-time employment.

Other Employee Reviews for US Census Bureau

"Very slow paced"

Former Intern - Survey Statistician in Suitland, MD
    Former Intern - Survey Statistician in Suitland, MD

I worked at US Census Bureau as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Job security, decent pay and low expectations are the primary reasons to work at the Census. If you are a "work for the weekend type" then it's hard to go wrong here.

Cons

The low expectations can certainly lead to job dissatisfaction for the more motivated employees. I was not captivated at all by any of the projects I worked on and shared this sentiment with most of the other people on my team. Some people dealt with this problem well but it was enough for me to decide not to pursue a full-time job here.

Advice to Management

It might be a good idea if management took time to discuss objectives and expectations with interns more often. This is done regularly with full-time employees.

2. "Good employer - albeit shorter assignment than promised."

Former Employee - Enumerator in Cave Creek, AZ
    Former Employee - Enumerator in Cave Creek, AZ

I worked at US Census Bureau full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The pay and training was excellent. I was privileged to have a very supportive team leader and supervisor.

Cons

Some areas assigned can be rough to door-knock or even access. Weather conditions in Arizona even in March/April are hot and dry. Some of the residents can be suspicious of government employees and behave aggressively.

Advice to Management

Emphasize in training the importance of remaining safe while conducting surveys and door-knocking.