Employee Review

1. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Explaining what accurate and verifiable really means.

Sep 24, 2013 - Enumerator in Woodburn, OR
    Business Outlook

Pros

If you think about what it really means, to count the people for the correct distribution of state representatives, and all sorts of economic, scientific and social purposes; counting people is really important. And, it feels good to take part in something as historic as that.

Cons

Trying to explain that to people who didn't want to hear it, especially after they listen to talk radio that tried to make people fearful of the census.

Continue reading
    1 person found this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Former Contractor, less than 1 year

Great Experience

May 14, 2022 - Census Field Supervisor in Phoenix, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Virtually everyone I worked with, from the folks I managed to the people above me (Managers) or others I worked with were all personable, caring, friendly, and hard working. Flexible hours (ish) Great pay, especially when including shift "differentials", bonuses, incentives, etc. Learn new things Important to the community, state, and country Technology and training provided

Cons

Frequently long hours Because the start date kept being postponed due to the Covid 19 Pandemic, most of the work was done in the hottest part of the summer and I'm located in the SW. Some respondents (those you are trying to collect Census info from) are not friendly and a few can be down-right rude (although the Census has rules about keeping yourself safe and tracking these handful of respondents as challenging so you can be prepared AND stay safe.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Former Temporary Employee

Great place to work

May 12, 2022 - Management Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

Independent work flexible hours and paid travel

Cons

No cons for this emploer

Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about US Census Bureau.