US Census Bureau - I enjoyed my term at the Census. It was very rewarding to help build the Office from start to end. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for US Census Bureau

"I enjoyed my term at the Census. It was very rewarding to help build the Office from start to end."

Former Contractor - Clerk in Denver, CO
Former Contractor - Clerk in Denver, CO

I worked at US Census Bureau as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

The U.S. Census Bureau, in my opinion is a highly respectable department of the U.S. Government that has a mission to properly account for persons living within the United States jurisdiction. I believe it runs efficiently, using the resources given based strictly on a fixed budget, and using creative measures to shore up any deficiencies if deadlines are not met.

Cons

The assignments are few and difficult to obtain for permanent positions. I believe that a broader staff would reflect the true nature of the Census Bureau.

Advice to Management

To make expectations clear upon assignment for those who come in having their own perceived expectations. To continue to grow in diversity and growth based on achievement and attitude.

Other Employee Reviews for US Census Bureau

1. "I would never do it again"

Pros

I really don't have any pros I hated It I would not do I guess you can say I learned a lot But that is about it I hated it

Cons

Everything is rushed , to stressful

2. "Great benefits, but not for me"

I have been working at US Census Bureau full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent benefits, easy to move up to a certain point, very family friendly, work can be very rewarding, telework, lots of training opportunities

Cons

Moving into a leadership position is difficult for young people, some work is very tedious